Thursday, November 21, 2013

Personal Digital Story Reflection

Creating my personal digital story was interesting.  With my background in mathematics, I don’t have a great deal of experiencing creating a story and making my words count.  When I first started my script, I had over 500 words and was wondering how I was going to reduce it down.  I then looked at it again and realized I was talking way too much and like the directions said I needed to let the pictures do the talking.  So I went through the script and narrowed it down quite a bit.  Then I had a fellow student read over my script and with her great experience in journalism, she was able to help me make a few other changes to really improve what I was saying.

I did use iMovie for this video and I think that software is really easy to use for the most part.  I have not created many movies with this program before but caught on quickly and was able to produce this story.  I would highly recommend iMovie for people to use.

I was fortunate that all of my pictures were personal ones and the music that I used in the background is provided with the iMovie software so there were no copyright issues to deal with.


I have made many family movies before using different software but I have never added a script to tell the story.  This was a fun experience and I understand now how this is a powerful tool that anybody can use to tell their story.

No comments:

Post a Comment